University of Western Sydney
description of project
The Werrington Park Corporate Centre is the Architectus’ response to WSU’s request for an innovative flagship building that achieves a 5 Star Green Star Design and As-Built Rating that also provided good external views and access to natural daylight for inhabitants.
The building is a commercial office and research centre designed to meet the demand for new high-tech industries and knowledge economy jobs in one of the fastest growing economic regions in Australia. The space was designed to strengthen ties between the university and industry. Included a new industry incubator space consisting of 6500 sqm of rentable and shared offices.
The building consists of 2 wings with a central atrium including 2 levels of carparking
The mechanical plant consists of 2 off rooftop plantrooms housing the chiller & boiler plant along with AHU’s & fan equipment rooms
We consistently complied with 5-Star Greenstar mandatory standards and maintained all document, product and material controls using comprehensive schedules, including input from subcontractors. This ensured the satisfaction of each requirement, and the approval of the final submission.
Architectus & DSE
Design Completion & Construction
University of Western Sydney. Werrington Campus
Value of Project:
5 Star Greenstar and 4.5 Star NABERS
PJS Air scope of works for thIS project
- Design Development using Revit modelling of the very compact plant room area to integrate all the ducting & services around the air handlers
- To allow a compact riser & plant room design creatively shaped multilevel sandwich panel plenums where utilised
- acoustic evaluating each system and assurance of its fit-for-purpose
- Duct pressure drop analysis & duct sizing to meet fan motor power requirements
- Acoustic treatment of all systems including provision of attenuators, acoustic insulation and vibration isolation, in order to satisfy the maximum specified noise level & seismic criteria.
NEW EQUIPMENT INSTALLATION:
- 11 new air-handling units & multiple fan coils
- Car park exhaust system and 3 toilet exhausts riser systems
- 2 new Powerpax air cooled chillers with evaporative cooling pads (1000 kw)
- new boiler plant including associated pumps (500 kw)
- Complete chilled and hot reticulation systems and insulated chilled water storage
- Approximately 2.5km of duct work systems with Variable Air Volume (VAV) boxes serving the general floor plans
- Integrated Fire and smoke dampers
Revit 3D & BIM MODELING:
- PJS Air utilised it’s Revit 3D & BIM modelling capabilities as an integral member of the construction team, where we helped smooth out inconsistencies and clashes in the design.
- This project required weekly BIM co-ordination meetings in the start-up phase .PJSAir provided the base modelling to assist all other services clash detection
- As a ‘wet concrete build’, we were on site from the very beginning of the project.
BUILDING CONTROL & ENERGY MANAGEMENT (EMS):
- A new BMS system interfaced to the University of Western Sydney site wide network
- A new Advanced Utility Monitoring System (AUMS) (EMS) monitoring water, gas, electricity & PV solar panels which tracks its energy efficiency of the building. This incorporated a Greenstar display screen at the front reception area for public display of the live data.
5 STAR GREENSTAR DESIGN & AS BUILT:
From the outset of the project, we complied with 5-Star Greenstar mandatory standards, and maintained all document, product and material controls using comprehensive schedules, including input from subcontractors. Ongoing building tuning & commissioning was undertaken throughout the 1st year of operation. This ensured the satisfaction of each requirement, and successful approval of the final submission.
The building achieved a 4.5 Star NABERS energy rating
All delivered on time and on budget.
Ongoing energy savings for the client.
Make an Enquiry
For all your Commercial and Industrial Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) System needs, reach out to the team at PJS Air via phone or email.
We’d welcome the opportunity to assist.