New & Refurbished Grandstands, Giants Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park
description of project
The home of the GWS Giants AFL team, Giants stadium is one of the premier entertainment venues in Australia also hosting major summer festivals and the Sydney Royal Easter Show.
The redevelopment featured thousands of extra grandstand seats. Spectators also enjoy improved facilities, these include corporate entertainment amenities, function rooms, concession areas, toilets and player dugouts, as well as referee and media facilities
The new grandstand mechanical design & installation required considerable rework of initial concept design due to construction envelope restrains & the significant number of conditioned multi- function spaces required.
The existing grandstand required major changes to suit the new requirements
Our team has worked closely with the architects to conceal the outdoor air-cooled plant high in rear of the grandstand with ducted discharges concealed by external louvre panels. The design included pre-conditioning of the outside air before entering the indoor fan coil locations & duct locations to fit within the restrictive envelope of the old structures
From the outset, our team ensured the seamless coordination of the mechanical services systems with electrical, fire, plumbing, structural and architectural services.
Design & Construction by PJS Air
Design and Construct
Sydney Olympic Park
Value of Project:
PJS Air scope of works for thIS project
- Design development of all mechanical services to include a combination of heat pump units & VRV heat pump units to best suit the requirements of each zone & room usage
- Design co-ordination of access via set ceilings in most rooms
- Installation of commercial exhaust systems including hoods for 3 areas
- acoustic evaluating each system and assurance of its fit-for-purpose
- Design & installation of ventilation system for player change & training spaces in the concourse area
NEW EQUIPMENT INSTALLATION:
- Installation of Toshiba Variable Refrigerant volume systems (total 380kw) utilising a combination of 29 ducted fan coils, cassette units & wall split heads serving all the conditioned spaces
- Combination of the Toshiba central control systems along with a new open-protocol Direct Digital Controls (DDC) for all fans & auxiliary systems
- Installation of commercial kitchen systems
- Multiple fan systems for outside & exhaust systems
DUCTED AIR COOLED CONDENSORS
Due to the structural & architectural design constrains, each air-cooled condenser was fitted with a low pressure drop ducted discharge, design within the static limitations of the fans
CO-ORDINATION TO SUIT MUTLTIPLE SERVICES
Due to the tight structural restrains, close co-ordination of all services was required to allow for reticulation of all the various long run pipe & drain services
TREATMENT OF OUTSIDE AIR
The design included multiple pre-conditioning fan coils to help reduce the high outside air load before entering the various zones
Creative design to suit building restrains.
100% client satisfaction.
Make an Enquiry
For all your Commercial and Industrial Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) System needs, reach out to the team at PJS Air via phone or email.
We’d welcome the opportunity to assist.